What we need now is the greatest generation of missionaries in the history of the Church. We need worthy, qualified, spiritually energized missionaries who, like Helaman's 2,000 stripling warriors, are 'exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity' and who are 'true at all times in whatsoever thing they [are] entrusted' (Alma 53:20). ...We don't need you to just fill a position; we need your whole heart and soul. We need vibrant, thinking, passionate missionaries who know how to listen to and respond to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit."
- Elder M. Russell Ballard, General Conference Oct. 2002
The teacher is accountable to help missionaries achieve their purpose (Preach My Gospel, pg 1).
As directed by the Spirit, the teacher will:
- Provide instruction, direction, counsel, feedback, and training using Preach my Gospel and the approved curriculum.
- Direct missionaries in planning and accounting for their learning.
- Prepare daily to meet missionary needs.
- Counsel and plan regularly with your companion teacher regarding missionary needs.
- Assist other teachers and missionaries in the zone as directed by the zone leader.
- Implement direction and training from the training coordinator and manager of training.
- Have served a full-time mission.
- Be worthy of the Spirit and have a current temple recommend.
- Be able to work 5 days a week, 18-20 hours a week.
- Be prepared to receive approximately 13 hours of initial teacher training.