Sorry, there was an unknown error that occurred attempting to retrieve the list of missions. Please try again later.
Mission Office Phone
Pouch Mail Instructions
The Church provides pouch mail service to countries where other mail service may not be reliable. Each country regulates this service differently, and the church must comply with these regulations in order to avoid fines and cessation of this service. Missionaries are allowed to use e-mail to correspond with family, where Internet service is accessible.
To Prevent possible discontinuation of pouch mail service, only the following items may be sent through the pouch:
- Letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (see example at the bottom).
- The Church provides pouch mail service for missionaries serving in the following countries:
- Cape Verde
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Latvia (Baltic)
- Panama Paraguay
- Peru Philippines
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa (Johannesburg)
Pouch mail should be addressed as follows:
Items restricted from the pouch (stamps, debit cards, medicine, etc.) may possibly be sent through the United States Postal Service (USPS) or through a private courier, depending upon the destination country. Cash is not accepted for conveyance by any carrier. Please consult with the USPS or the courier of your choice to determine which items are allowed.
- United States Postal Service 1-800-222-1811
- DHL Express 1-800-225-5345
- Federal Express 1-800-463-3339
- United Parcel Service (UPS) 1-800-742-5877
Instructions for making a three-panel fold:
- Lay the blank side of the 20 lb. letter paper (single sheet) facing down with the writing facing you.
- Fold the top of the letter about one-third on the way down and crease.
- Fold the bottom of the letter to the top of the first fold and crease.
- Use two pieces of tape or two sticker tabs on the top to secure it, not more than one inch from each side, but do not seal the ends.
- Do not include any other items within the letter.
- In the top left corner, write your name and complete return address.
- Affix a stamp in the top right corner.
- In the middle, write the following: